and suddenly.....nothing works

Bruce_Sokolovic

UADdiction Counselor
Console still working but update is stuck doing nothing and connect no longer launches.

Fun times for sure. Let me get a ticket open.

CaptKirk66

Established Member

CaptKirk66

Established Member
Sorry, trying to add levity. Hope you get it sorted soon. ✊

jonchristopherhughes

reboot. reinstall ua connect.

that happened to me once.

jonchristopherhughes

Hmmm, so I guess I wasn't wrong. :unsure:
i've only had a few crashes with luna so far, and most have either been with ilok or ua connect.

i usually reboot, then reinstall ilok manager and/or ua connect and it's been fine.

i'm using an older OS, 10.14. i need to update soon...but have been hesitant because my rig has been so stable for a year or more now with zero crashes.

CaptKirk66

Established Member
I'm always way late to the game to update too. It has served me well.

rodd

Hall of Fame Member
I’ve suddenly had a lot of crashes with Luna lately. Every time I insert a plugin during playback it crashes. I’ve reported them. I probably need to reinstall.

Bruce_Sokolovic

UADdiction Counselor
Everything was just so solid…….until it wasn’t.

jonchristopherhughes

I'm always way late to the game to update too. It has served me well.
i'm only on os 10.14.5

if you are 12.3.1 and having good luck i might go that high. haha

Bruce_Sokolovic

UADdiction Counselor
No resolution so far, Bruce ?
Naaaah. Honestly haven’t been in front of my stuff much, life got busy.
I’m on doze 10 btw, everyone.

Bruce_Sokolovic

UADdiction Counselor
ya know, again it worked until it didnt. Was working fine again (suddenly, really nothing changed) and now back to square one. A console update that will not install and UA Connect that will not launch. I really dont feel like chatting with a bot in circles so screw it. It'll work when it works I guess. Some update will change something somewhere and something will work. I'm not going thru a dozen help articles about optimization I've already done a long time ago in order to get some guidance. Honestly, this isnt MS Word or similar. This is technical stuff with very specific uses and applications and a support bot with a 72 hour lead time for tech support is inadequate to put it nicely. When the entire system gets to the point it stops producing sound at all, I guess I'll have no choice but really, get some phone support. Your customer base deserves it.

Phone support is alive and well, BTW

Waves: 8659099200
Avid: 88845634444
Slate digital : 3236562050

And on and on. There is no good reason I cant get someone on the phone for 5 minutes after spending over 5 figures on a system that isnt working.

Last edited:

jonchristopherhughes

ya know, again it worked until it didnt. Was working fine again (suddenly, really nothing changed) and now back to square one. A console update that will not install and UA Connect that will not launch. I really dont feel like chatting with a bot in circles so screw it. It'll work when it works I guess. Some update will change something somewhere and something will work. I'm not going thru a dozen help articles about optimization I've already done a long time ago in order to get some guidance. Honestly, this isnt MS Word or similar. This is technical stuff with very specific uses and applications and a support bot with a 72 hour lead time for tech support is inadequate to put it nicely. When the entire system gets to the point it stops producing sound at all, I guess I'll have no choice but really, get some phone support. Your customer base deserves it.

Phone support is alive and well, BTW

Waves: 8659099200
Avid: 88845634444
Slate digital : 3236562050

And on and on. There is no good reason I cant get someone on the phone for 5 minutes after spending over 5 figures on a system that isnt working.
sorry you are still having issues.

my rig has honestly been so stable for over 2 years. i never update.

last night i was tracking drums and printing mixes. today i turned my rig on and having similar issues to yours.

can't launch luna. says ua connect won't launch. have been thru all the troubleshooting.

i didn't change anything on my rig. didn't do any updates to uad, luna or my os.

just wouldn't work today.

so far today i've tried everything people have suggested. i've not deinstalled ua connect and reinstalled it and all the uadx plugins. i've reinstalled the latest uad package. i've updated my ilok manager.

still cannot get luna to launch. it gets held up on ua connect every time. just says to quit or try again.

i put a support ticket in, i think. the new bot is a little confusing compared to how we used to submit tickets.

i had to give up for the day and put off my session.

will try again tomorrow.

Bruce_Sokolovic

UADdiction Counselor
sorry you are still having issues.

my rig has honestly been so stable for over 2 years. i never update.

last night i was tracking drums and printing mixes. today i turned my rig on and having similar issues to yours.

can't launch luna. says ua connect won't launch. have been thru all the troubleshooting.

i didn't change anything on my rig. didn't do any updates to uad, luna or my os.

just wouldn't work today.

so far today i've tried everything people have suggested. i've not deinstalled ua connect and reinstalled it and all the uadx plugins. i've reinstalled the latest uad package. i've updated my ilok manager.

still cannot get luna to launch. it gets held up on ua connect every time. just says to quit or try again.

i put a support ticket in, i think. the new bot is a little confusing compared to how we used to submit tickets.

i had to give up for the day and put off my session.

will try again tomorrow.
That’s a shame. Hope you’re resolved quickly.

UAD Bundle Month